Region :- Uttarakhand
Duration :- 6 Days
Category :- Easy To Moderate
Max Altitude :- 12,500 Ft.
Approx Trekking Km :- 20 Kms.
Group Departures Dates on:
[February: 12, 18, 19, 24, 25 & 26] [March: 3, 4, 10, 11, 12, 18, 19, 25 & 26] [April: 8, 9, 15, 22, 23, 29 & 30]
Embellish with the beauty of snow and framed by pine trees, the Kedarkantha Peak is one of the most sought after snow-trekking destinations in the India. Nestled at a height of 3810 meters which is about 12,500 feet above the sea level, the trek to this mountain pass in Uttarakhand is one of the most fascinating and thrilling trekking tours which offers all the excitement with various levels of challenges and in much less time.
Kedarkantha trek offers an enthralling and inspiring trekking experience through the immaculate beauty of the vicinity. From charming and captivating sights of snow-capped mesmerising Himalayan peaks, lush landscapes and to a frozen pond, this trek offers all the delightful marvels, a trekker can wish for!
The distance (20kms in total) is not much and the trekking trail is neither very difficult which enables even the first time trekkers and other classes of travellers as well to set on the adventure and enjoy the beauty of nature at its best. It’s a weeklong tour which rewards a trekker with breathtaking views, thrilling experiences and delightful moments!
Day 1 - Drive from Dehradun to Sankri (2,000m)
- The trekkers will be received warmly by the authorised personnel from Dehradun at 6:30 am for an onward journey to Sankri. Upon your arrival in Dehradun, drive along the scenic neighbourhood of Mussoorie and the gorgeous Yamuna stream to succeed in Sankari; along the route, have lunch. All through this long journey, the pictorial pine forests, snow-clad peaks and the scenic views can keep you engrossed with fun and excitement. Post arrival in Sankari, check-in into the edifice and relax for the day. As the temperature during the trek may get to the minimum level, it is also vital to induce acclimatised with the atmosphere; overnight stay in the hotel.
Day 2 - Trek from Sankri to Juda-Ka-Talab (2,700m) & Juda-ka-Talab to Shepherd Camp (2,900m)
- Today can be the primary day of the winter trek to Kedarkantha! After having a delicious breakfast in the hotel, begin with a slow and gradual hike to the Saur Village, from where the trek can continue trailing upwards. Climbing uphill from Saur hamlet, reach the Juda-ka-Talab, a small nevertheless illustration lake that freezes utterly throughout the winters.
- From the banks of the lake, you can conjointly relish the wide views of the snow clad peak of the mighty chain of mountains of Himalaya and continue hiking through the scenic locales and hit the campsite known as Shepherd Camp. The camp is called like once the meadow thrives throughout the summers, the local shepherds use them as a grazing ground for their sheep; overnight stay in tents.
Day 3 - Trek from Shepherd Camp to Kedarkantha Basecamp (3,400m)
- Today's trek will take you through an amazing way that outcomes in Kedarkantha!
- In the wake of eating in the Shepherd Camp, start with the day's trek through rich snow fields with meager green fixes between them. The appeal and engaging quality of this trail is truly an enjoyment for the photographers! Travelling through the snow covered region; you will reach the campsite at the base of Kedarkantha that is bordered with snow- covered trees and offers lovely views of Swargarohini, Bandarpoonch and Kalanag peaks. Registration into the campsite and bed for the day; overnight stay will be in tents.
Day 4 - Trek (to and) form Base Camp to Kedarkantha (3,800m)
- Waking you today morning, set yourself up for a debilitating trek to Kedarkantha summit. In spite of the fact that today's trek won't be a long one; it requires time, vitality and the soul to rise forward!
- Beginning early morning from the basecamp, trek over the hard cover of snow and following 4-5 hours, you will come to the Kedarkantha Top.
- Appreciate spectacular perspectives from the pinnacle; witness all encompassing perspectives of the Yumnotri, Gangotri, Kinner Kailash and other Himalayan Extents. Spend lovely and overpowering minutes at the summit before leaving on the back trek to the basecamp; overnight remain in tents.
Day 5 - Trek from Kedarkantha Basecamp to Sankri (2,000m)
- Today will be the last day of this stunning snow trekking to Kedarkantha! In the wake of eating in the campsite, begin with the down trek to Sankri. In spite of the fact that the trek will be relatively less demanding, one should be cautious as the plummeting slants additionally offers dangerous trails now and again. On entry in Sankri, check-in into a comfortable lodging and appreciate the day with beautiful views all around; overnight stay at the hotel.
Day 6 - Drive from Sankri to Dehradun (6-7 Hours)
- Post today's breakfast in the hotel, you will be driven back to Dehradun. With your arrival in Dehradun, this stunning snow trek to Kedarkantha expedition will come to finish.
Note: On Day 6, you’ll reach Dehradun between 6 pm and seven pm. You can book your travel anytime when 8 pm.
- Standard Hotel in Sankri on single/double occupancy
- Camp/Tents on sharing basis across other destinations
- 5 Breakfast
- 5 Lunch
- 5 Dinner
- Tea and snacks
- Lake Visit
- Camping equipment and charges
- Expert and trained trek guides and instructors
- All guide and trainer charges
- Porter and mule charges only to carry camping equipment and rations
- Entry charges or any other permits required during the trek
- First Aid / Medical Kit
- Anything which is not included in inclusions
- Service tax
- Transportation from Dehradun (begin) to Dehradun (end) can be provided at an additional cost (choose 'Including Transport' while booking the package).Toyota, Innova, Mahindra, Xylo, Mahindra Scorpio, Rhythm Explorer or comparative sort of vehicle.
THINGS TO CARRY
- Warm clothes: fleece jackets, tee-shirts, pullovers and thermals
- Raincoats and windcheaters
- Water bottles and towels
- Backpack with plastic or waterproof linings
- Trekking shoes, slippers, extra pair of socks and gaiters
- Waterproof gloves, scarf/muffler and walking stick
- Sunscreen lotions, ointments, lip balms and UV-protected sunglasses
- Torch/flashlights with extra pair of energy cells
- Toiletries, personal medications (if any) and energy bars
- Do not consume alcohols or any other intoxicating products during the trek.
- Always pay heed to the trek guides or instructors.
- Try not to leave the group under any circumstances.
- Avoid trekking during the nights as it is extremely dangerous.
- Avoid using earphones as that might hinder your hearing.
- Do not participate or encourage littering of the places in any form.
- While visiting the local villages and religious sites, obey the local guidelines and instructions.
- Do not harm or interrupt the local and religious sentiments of the places.
- Charges for a porter/mule to carry personal bag throughout the trek (not more than 10 kgs): Rs. 1250
- If cancellations are made 30 days before the start date of the trip, 25% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made 15-30 days before the start date of the trip, 50% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- If cancellations are made within 0-15 days before the start date of the trip, 100% of booking value will be charged as cancellation fees.
- In case of unforeseen weather conditions or government restrictions, certain activities may be cancelled and in such cases the operator will try his best to provide an alternate feasible activity. However no refund will be provided for the same.